Get the most out of your session by following a few simple guidelines.
1) Avoid caffeine, sugar, & alcohol the day of your session. These 3 things create extra toxins and energy blocks in your system and can make it difficult to relax as well as create very sore muscles after a massage.
2) Drink lots of water. Water flushes out toxins and cleans the body and aura.
3) Take a shower before a massage and after a healing if possible. Before a massage, please make sure to scrub your feet clean. Thank you!
4) Take note of any injuries, open wounds, and foot fungus and tell me about it before your session. You must wait 72 hours after an injury to have the injured area massaged. I will not massage any area that has open skin or is swollen, but I can perform healing techniques & lymph drainage to help the swelling & pain decrease.
5) Do not schedule anything directly after your session. Give your self time to integrate the healing in your body and aura. There is a wave that happens in all aspects of life: an expansion, a stasis, a contraction, stasis, expansion, stasis, contraction, stasis, add infinitum. So please be aware that after every healing (expansion) there is a natural stasis then time is needed for integration (contraction). During this natural wave after a healing session, the contraction can come in many different forms: new ideas, intense emotional feelings, physical changes, etc. If you need support during these times, feel free to phone me for a free 10-15 minute follow-up support call.
6) Create a tranquil environment for your session. Turn off telephones and inform family and house mates, "do not disturb".
7) For a healing session, have a pen and paper (or journal) handy, tissues, and a large glass of water.
8) Slow, deep, steady breaths relax your muscles and nervous system, allowing your body and mind to feel safe. The more you can relax, the more therapeutic benefit you will receive from your session. When a sore area of your body is being massaged, it helps to release it by breathing deeply and slowly and letting the tight area relax as much as possible. During our session, we will be taking many long deep breaths together.
9) Be as willing and open as possible to have a new experience of you!